Thursday, May 05, 2005

what do people remember about me ?


May 5th. Two days before leaving Capital Region Medical Center (CRMC).
I used to hate this rotation until 2 weeks before leaving the hospital, when I get to know more people, when I get to be more passionate about my job, when I get to love my patients...
now I am really sad leaving this hospital.

Dr. Adkison remembers me as "The Speedy" as he caught me got pulled over by the cop for speeding. He's been teasing me ever since.
This doctor is really skinny & fit. He does triathlon. He runs & bikes everyday !

Dr. McKnelly may miss me, too. He's going to fly to Iraq next week & will serve there for 3 months. He is Dr. Adkison's partner & specialized in infectious disease.
I did round with him for the 1st 3 weeks, then he went to Boston. He got back earlier this week, but I've never talked to him anymore.
He is funny yet unpredictable. I was never sure if he was only joking or being serious about stuffs.

Denny from Pharmacy may remember me as the stupid girl who leaves her key in the car ! That happened during April Fool's Day as well. Gosh, I was such a fool !

But most people remember me as the girl with a neat, fancy, flowery handwriting.
Bryan the medical student (who is kinda cute by the way), said "You inspire all of us by your handwriting."

I do not think my handwriting is special. But if I consider all those doctors' handwriting, mine really stands out as the best.
My instructor, Lisa, also has a neat handwriting. Yet I stole her glory.
I said I promised Lisa would get her crown back as soon as I left the hospital ;p

Tomorrow is my last day.
After Friday May 6th, nobody will ever see my neat small handwriting.
Nobody will ever see this Asian girl standing by the tall blonde Canadian dietitian in the ICU room. Nobody will ever see this silly girl who chews chocolate while reading doctor's note.

I'll be saying goodbye tomorrow.
Hopefully I am not gonna cry among the crowds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home