Saturday, October 08, 2005

Meeting Brittney

My eyelids have been disappeared since last weekend.
I suspect it comes from lacking of sleep.
At this time last Saturday, I was in the middle of nowhere in the Interstate-5 finding my way to Sarah's house.

Yes, last weekend I went out of town.
San Fransisco, baby !
Brittney & Erin came for a week, so I decided to meet 'em there.
Plus I have never been exposed to the beauty of San Fran ever.

San Fran was really chilled compare to LA.
I was unprepared. Luckily I put on this light jacket when I left the house.

San Fran has a huge farmer's market by the water, so cool !
There are piers everywhere.
This place looks more like Chicago (plus, the same temperature, too !), only more organized.

Downtown San Fran is pretty, surrounded by outdoor shops with the-most-likely-to-wear brand, such as Forever 21, GAP, Old Navy, etc.
The Chinatown is not as nasty as I thought it will be.
In fact, Erin said this is the biggest Chinatown in the States.

San Fran is big in art.
There are museums scattered everywhere.
Not that I am an artist or even interested in art or anything, just so you know.
Plus Erin & Sarah are art history major, so they talk about art a lot.
While Brittney & I knew a little stuffs in art, we were more excited sharing about her becoming a vegan. Or me trying to be a vegetarian.

After a tiring walk downtown, we treated ourselves in an Indian resto called "ROTI".
The food was excellent, but overpriced. Yaiks !
If only I were still a student, I might not step my feet into this kind of resto.

By the way, Britt & I have passed our RD exam.
She is not looking for a dietitian job, though.
She's starting her clerical job in STL next Monday.
She is the most laidback person I've ever met.
Her life is so much fun compare to mine.

Imagine this :
She graduated with the best GPA in the class.
Then she took a summer off, teaching teens in a summer camp in the mountains of Colorado.
She came back to STL, then took off to Pittsburgh & stayed with her sister.
And now she got accepted to a 5-month community program In Israel, where she would work at the Kabbot (not sure if this is spelled correctly) & learned Hebrew.

What an amazing girl !
She is such an adventurer, a traveller, despite her tiny little body.
She is the friendliest American friend I have ever had so far.
So open to new things, new challenges, new places, or whatever.

She is an inspiration.

The next day, we walked across the forest of Muir Woods.
I could imagine both Erin & Brittney becoming the forest lady, giving a tour to the visitors, telling them to conserve the trees, haha....

My last dream place to visit was the Golden Gate bridge.
The view was too pretty to explain.
You could basically see the ocean, the cars passing by the bridge, and the hills.

So yeah, that was my weekend story.
Now share yours !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home