Saturday, May 07, 2005

The race of life

Today I jogged in the park nearby my house.
As you can tell, I am stressing out.
When I stress out, I run. While I run, my mind wander around.

What is the will of God in my life?
Where does He want me to do/go after graduation ?
What will happen next ?

As my steps were getting heavier, I was reminded of this verse:
"For physical training is of some value, but godlines has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life nd the life to come" ( 1 Tim 4:8 )
What a line !!!

I know how good it is to exercise regularly, but I have tons of excuses for avoiding it.
Same thing with godlines.
I know how good it is to pursue godlines, yet I find myself caught up with the "busy-ness of life" : checking emails, being addicted to something unvaluable, finishing up scrapbook, worrying things without doing anything to solve the problems, etc.

Then I looked back.
Damned, it is really hard to live in a standard of godlines, especially when people around me are not living the same way.
Comparing myself to others does not do any good.
Sometimes I say, "Oh well, God, I am not too bad. I know I do not pray so much, but I am better than my friends. They do not pray & they get drunk over the weekends."

Oh yeah, I am sure God will say, "Why do you live on their standards ???"

Today I realized one thing. God never provides good stuffs; He provides the best stuffs.

We all run the race of life. We all need to be well-trained to be a winner.
Only a foolish runner runs his/her race without a training.

I am training myself for a better health. I am preparing myself for a 5-K run someday.
Why not do the same thing with godlines ???

Of course, I am still confused about stuffs.
I still have no answers to where I have to go after graduation, yet my jogging time was fun.
It taught me a lesson. Plus I could run a lap without stopping at all !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home