Sunday, May 08, 2005

Inch by Inch

Here's a good article from one daily devotion website.
I am still looking for jobs & seeking God's will on where I have to go.
It shocked me that the article said

"If you wait for perfect conditions, you will neverget anything done. Keep on sowing your seed, for you never know which will grow--perhaps it all will"(Ecclesiastes 11:4, 6, TLB).

Of course I only need one job. But I need to keep looking.
Arya & I had a converstiong about job hunting last Friday.
That's probably the first serious conversation we had ever involved in, haha... he's such a funny friend & never takes things seriously.
Last Fri he gave me an examples of how his friends quited looking for jobs for a while & then get caught up being lazy. Tima ran out for them & they eventually had to return to their countries because their OPT (working permit) expired.

Then I realized I have been on a job-hunting-break for a month & it does me no good.
I am lazy now. I am not interested in looking anymore.
My mind cannot focus on job hunting.
So I'd better stay on track.

However, the important thing is to invest your life in a worthwhile cause that will achieve at least three things:
(1) it will have eternal value,
(2) it will benefit others,
(3) it will give you a deep senseof satisfaction in that you will not have lived invain but have achieved something worthwhile with yourlife.

It doesn’t have to be profound or earthshattering--just significant. And that you can starttoday … one "bulb," one "page," one kind word ofencouragement, one act of kindness … every day for the rest of your life.

Very nice article. Gotta search for jobs again now !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home