Sunday, May 08, 2005

Why does graduation bother me so much ?

Is it just me or graduation really bothers a lot of people !??!
Being far from parents is not a new thing, so that is not an issue.
Has not seen friends & boyfriend is not a new, thing, either ... so what keeps bothering me ??!?!

1st, I am gonna be away from Ruth and Brittney and Christine and Jeni and Meredith and Katie and Erika and this and that... crap !

2nd, there is no Chi Alpha anymore. Hopefully I won't face spiritual drought because it's been proven Chi Alpha was my spiritual refreshing shelter.

3rd, there is no luck finding the best job. No comment on this one. Sooo frustrated, heh ?!?

4th, I feel like getting old.

5th, bigger responsibilities. I've felt bad asking money already. This last semester I supported myself financially. So amazing yet frustrated. God has been a faithful Provider afterall.
I did not spend money on myself. All of my wages went to the rent & utilities, gas, & other billing crap. Last week I spent money on scrapbook, finally. That was a relief.

6th, finally done with school. what's next !?!?

7th, moving away from ColMo. I am gonna miss Fusion Brew, the nice little downtown Columbia, the Katy Trail, my room in 1904 Waverly, the park nearby my house.
I do not think there is any better town than Columbia, Missouri.
I love Columbia, Missouri. If only I could stay here longer ...

8th, living and working with strangers. No comment on this.
Hopefully there is some other God-freaks out there who would like to be my best pal.

9th, no more International Center activities.
No more crush like Taka. No more gossiping about Jill. No more girltalk between Katie, Erika, Ruth, Christine, & myself. No more flirting with new international students. No more brunette/blonde European guys with cute British accent. No more taking pictures for Intl Education Week advertisement. No more. No more.
I am gonna miss out a lot !

10th, the biggest one: stepping away from my comfort zone.
Moving on to a new episode of life.
Finding new friends.
Pursuing a great career.
Making good money.
What a scarry thought, especially when you do it without someone by your side (but God of course).

Then tons of questions will pop-up:
Is this job the best for me ?
What happens next ?
What if I don't like my roomate ?
What is my job is boring ?
What if I cannot make friends ?
Will I ever have a reunion with MU International center people ?
Will I find new Chi Alpha ?
Will I ever go home to Indonesia ?
...
...
and so on.

Graduation is scarry & bothers me soooo much. Help me out, pleaseeee !

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ruth Nina said...

You'll be all right girl!
Don't think about graduation!
People who are still in school like me looking forward to graduation cos we're tired of classes, etc.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger miss Smiley said...

trust me, when the time comes for graduation, you'll rethink your decision & you'll suddenly love your college life & just don't wanna let it go

 

Post a Comment

<< Home