Monday, May 16, 2005

To choose or not to choose

There are things in life that you have no control of.
You don't choose to be a dork, it happens naturally.
Nobody choose to be an average kid, but some people are just more fortunate than others.

Yesterday in the Dietetics brunch every student got an award their friends nominated them.
I thought I would get "the dorkiest girl" because of course I am the dorkiest among these other 14 girls. I asked teacher questions like, "So, what's the answer to question number 5 in the study guide?" when everybody else did not have a clue when the test was.

I don't choose to be a dork. But I choose to be ahead the game because I know my limitation.
As an international student, it took me more time to learn stuffs compare to my American classmates.

But anyway I won "the bravest girl" 'coz I am the one & only international student in the class.
I was brave to leave my family & country to earn a better education in a foreign land.
Pfh... what a relieve for not winning "the dorkiest girl" haha....

I did not choose to go study abroad at the 1st place. It was more like a family pressure.
But then after 4 years of college in the States , I have never regretted my decision to say yes to the family presssure.
I learned lots of new things; the good ones and the bad ones. I found new friends; the drunk ones and the sober ones. I traveled accross the USA; the big States and the small ones.

People say "life is a choice".
True.
But sometimes you don't choose what you want to be, you just apply what you have.
I don't choose to be a girl, but I act like one because I know I am a girl.

Where do I go from here ? What will I do after graduation ?
I dunno yet. I have not chosen. But I will ;)



1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Ruth Nina said...

I hope I'm not the drunk one... hahahahahahaha....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home