Friday, May 27, 2005

"Where's the little town girl ???"

I visited the International center to "share" my scrapbook on 2004 International Education Week.
of course I shared the good news about a job offer in california, too.
Well, I guess Christine has told everybody. So it's not a surprise anymore.

And I am still torn between LA & Dallas.
For some reason I wanted to move to Dallas.
Mainly because of Bethany Church. I missed being invloved in the ministry again.
Thus, I went to Dallas for spring break with Ruth.

Dallas is not so great. Far from my imagination.
San Antonio catched my interest more than Dallas did.
But again my main reason to relocate is Church, not the city itself.

I have never been to LA.
Everybody wants to go to LA, tells great things about LA, desires to work there, and bla bla bla.
I personally don't like big city.
There are more job opportunities of course, but the crowd, the traffic, the high living cost, the rude people .. they bother me.
Therefore. I love small town or college town where people are nice & friendly.

Funnily, I always get something that I do not want at the first place, but then I realize I am good at it.
I guess this is just how God shows me of my potentials.
Funnily, I get a job offer in Culver City, next to Santa Monica & beverly Hills, where everyone has been dreaming of.
I am sure my (ex) classmates will be jalous if they know about this.

"So where is the girl who does not like big city ?" asked Kerri.
Oh, she is still around. She is still scared & nervous of this job offer.
Will she take it ??? Most likely yes.
Will she change after she adapt to a new place & lifestyle ??? More likely no. She is still the same girl who enjoys quietness, beautiful parks, and fresh air.
She is still the same girl who saves money to buy her scrapbook materials.
But hopefully she will survive in the midst of the cruelness of big city. Hopefully she won't be a victim.
And hopefully she can catch Topher Grace walking down her neighborhood sometime !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home